Canada is among the best countries in the world to immigrate to, for its quality of life, citizenship, and various other factors. There are several families from India settled in Canada, which gives new immigrants, a feeling of belongingness.This is the reason why most of the immigration aspirants in the Indian subcontinent, choose to apply for Canada Immigration from India. Canada’s point-based Permanent Residency program is one of the easiest immigration programs in the world.
It is a multicultural country with a stable economy and a relatively easy immigration policy. Canada is popular as a country of immigrants. With the ongoing demand for skilled workers, Canada is the best country to apply for permanent residency. The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has developed different pathways to apply for immigration to Canada, based on the type of applicants.
You will find the details of all these programs on this page. However, let’s find out a few key reasons to migrate to Canada.
Why Immigrate to Canada?
- Lenient Immigration policy and hassle-free immigration system
- Employment opportunities available given the demand for skilled workers
- Free healthcare and school education for the permanent Canadian residents
- Less rigorous immigration process compared to other English-speaking nations
- It has a safe, beautiful living environment and a very friendly crowd.
What are the Pathways for Immigration to Canada?
Canada needs skilled workers and professionals; hence, the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has designed dedicated programs to invite them. You can apply to immigrate to Canada through following programs.
Express Entry System: Express Entry is a point-based online immigration system in Canada. It assesses the skilled workers based on age, education, work experience, etc. and allocates invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residency to selected applicants.
Provincial Nominee Program: The Provincial Nominee Programs are the immigration programs of the different provinces in Canada. These PNPs operate in coordination with the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The PNPs follow their own procedures and requirements. These provincial programs select and nominate the highly qualified and skilled people from overseas for Canadian permanent residency.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP): This immigration program is developed by the government of Quebec. It allows learned and the highly skilled people immigrate to Quebec. The candidates are assessed through point’s grid and selected ones get the Quebec Selection Certificate, which ultimately helps the applicants to get Canadian permanent residency.
Self-employed Person Program: This program allows moving to Canada as a self-employed person. However, the applicant needs to have relevant experience, i.e. taken part in cultural activities or athletics at the highest level. And he/she must be willing to make a noteworthy contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada.
Family-Sponsored Program: As a Canadian permanent resident or citizen, you can sponsor eligible relatives to come to Canada as PR, if you are minimum 18 years or above. Each of these programs have different criteria for selection and process requirements; hence, to choose the most appropriate program as per your profile, you can take assistance from qualified and trusted visa consultants and counsellors at AEBC Global.
Investor/Entrepreneur Program: The investor program allocates the permanent residency in Canada to the qualified Business investors and Entrepreneurs from all parts of the world, who have aspiration and ability to begin or invest in a business in the maple leaf country.
Best Way to Immigrate to Canada
Key requirements for migration to Canada
Although, all the programs mentioned above have different eligibility criteria, however, there are a few key documents that remain common for most immigration programs, i.e.
- Minimum qualification with ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
- IELTS Test result with the required level of English proficiency or an approved French language test result (French is compulsory for Quebec program)
- Meet the minimum points criteria, depending on the immigration program you are applying for
- Work experience related documents
- Key certificates, i.e., Birth/marriage certificate
- Medical certificate for fitness
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Migrate to Canada through Express Entry Process
Express Entry is the fastest pathway to obtain permanent residency in Canada. It is a point-based immigration system that assesses the applicants based on the points they have scored for key profile factors, i.e. age, education, language skills, work experience, etc.
The IRCC opens Express Entry draw, periodically to issue Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canada PR visa to the top-ranking candidates in the EE pool. The Express Entry system of Canada has three main categories, i.e.
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST) and
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
As a skilled worker applicant, you need to choose and apply under the Federal Skilled worker Program (FSWP). The minimum points an applicant needs to become eligible for the FSW category are 67 points out of 100.
Eligibility criteria for Express Entry Program
Express Entry has six selection factors, based on which, the applicants are assessed by IRCC.
1. Age: The minimum age to apply is 18 years, while there is no upper age limit. However, you get maximum points when you are in the age group 18-35 years.
2. Education: Although higher secondary is minimum qualification, you may need higher qualifications, depending on the occupation. You need to provide ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) from an approved assessing authority, i.e., WES, to verify your qualification as per Canadian education standards.
3. Work experience: Find below the work experience requirement for all three categories of Express Entry:
FSW – You need to have a minimum of 1-year full-time work experience within 10 years. However, to gain higher immigration points, more experience than this is required.
FST- At least 2 years of full-time work experience in a Skilled Trade within 5 years.
CEC- At least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the past 3 years.
4. Language ability: Proficiency in English or French is a must. Also, provide the approved language test result, i.e. IELTS, CELPIP, etc. to claim points for language ability. Find below the minimum language ability requirement for all three categories of Express Entry system:
Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) – Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for all language abilities, i.e., Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
Federal Skilled Trades (FST) – CLB 5 for speaking and listening, and CLB 4 for reading and writing
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)-
CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or
CLB 5 for NOC B jobs
5. Adaptability: Earn adaptability points for your or your spouse’s past education, work experience, relative, etc. in Canada or your spouse/partner has CLB 4 level of language proficiency.
6. Arranged employment: You get valuable points for having arranged a job offer from Canada.
If you are applying for FSW category of EE system, you need to score minimum of 67 points based on the above six factors, to qualify as an applicant.
Step by step process to apply in Express Entry System
Find below the stepwise process for Immigration to Canada through the Federal Express Entry system (FSW) category:
- Collect the key documents needed to apply, i.e. ECA and IELTS
- Score minimum of 67 points under the FSW category based on age, education, work experience, language skill (i.e. IELTS score), etc. factors
- Register your profile in an online Express Entry system, submit EOI and subsequently, you will get the CRS point score.
- Get an invitation to apply from IRCC in any of the periodic Express Entry draws
- Submit Canada PR application along with required documents within 60 days of receiving the invite
- Get approval of visa, if verification of application and documents goes fine.
- Process to Apply Canada Immigration
The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada claim to process the application received through Express Entry within 6 months. However, this time starts once the applicant has submitted the Canada PR application and documents after receiving the ITA (Invitation to Apply) from IRCC.
Moreover, the processing time is not standard for all applications and may vary for a particular application, depending on various factors, i.e. accuracy of application/documents, time taken to respond, etc.
Apply for Permanent Residence visa
To apply for Canadian PR visa this year through the most appropriate visa program, get in touch with AEBC Global. It is the most trusted Visa Advisor and Consultant in India.
The AEBC team is specialized in Canadian permanent residency process and has an incredible record when it comes to acquiring PR visa approvals for the applicants. To start your process, reach us +91 87973 06233. Also, feel free to send your queries or feedback to our email email@example.com.